Welcome to the 14th International Conference on Safe Communities!
The Community Safety Program of the World Health Organization was established in 1989 and has substantially increased its activities during the past one and a half decade. Research activities have increased as well as the development of a network of Safe Community programs around the world. One of the most important activities in the program is our yearly Safe Communities Conference, held in various locations world-wide.
We have been able to attract a mix of practitioners, scientists, politicians and policy-makers as well as representatives from voluntary organisations etc. into a productive exchange of ideas and experiences. I welcome you to actively take part in sharing how safety promotion programs can be developed and sustained in your own communities.
Conference theme: Violence Prevention in Creating Safe Communities
- Violence prevention
- Traffic Safety
- Home Safety
- School Safety
- Occupational Safety
- Cost/benefit of safety promotion
- The Role of Rescue Services in creating Safe Communities
- Community Policing
- National and regional strategies for Safe Community development
- The role of rescue services in Safe Communities
- Transnational and cross-cultural issues in injury research
- Annual WHO Affiliated Safe Community Support Centre meeting
- Steering board meeting for the International Society for Violence and Injury Prevention
- 2005 European Safe Community Network meeting
- 2005 Asian Safe Community Network meeting
- The 6th Nordic Safe Community Conference, Planning meeting
- The 3th Asian Regional Safe Community Conference, Planning meeting